29.4.08

Darondo



TOO $HORT + AL GREEN = DARONDO

Taken from Ubiquity Records:
...Back in the day he was seen cruising around town in a white Rolls Royce (with a "Darondo" license plate). He opened-up for James Brown and lived a colorful lifestyle hanging with folks like the notorious Fillmore Slim. But after the release of his three 45s, Darondo stopped recording and disappeared. “It was mostly me, just having a good time with a real good hobby,” he says. “It wasn’t about money but about having fun.” Outside of the music business Darondo was living life to the full, and it eventually caught up with him. “Folks would say ‘Daron got that dough…Daron Do…that’s how I got the name. I used to get my suits tailor made, one of a kind, like my rings. A player can’t have the same ring as someone else. Got my rings specially made with diamonds and stones."

Um, Darondo hosted several Bay-area public access show's during the 80s. One of them being mother fucking Darondo's Penthouse. Brother man! Eh, he's playing May 30th in San Francisco & May 31st in Costa Mesa. Oh, civilization junior.

Music
Darondo - Let My People Go
Darondo - Didn't I
Darondo - Sure Know How To Love Me

WIKI | MYSPACE | LAST.FM | YOUTUBE

No comments: