10.5.09

MID TO LATE TWENTY ANGST

I'll be turning 26 soon and I feel so confused and angry. And this discontent is only more so heightened by the timing of its arrival. Why now? Why not 10 years ago when I was supposed to feel insecure and suffocated with conflicting listless fury. 


Being 16 (for me) was stupid easy. So simple and honest. I never felt a natural urge for pious rebellion. Not my thing. 

Really what was I supposed to be angry about? --- "No, mom I don't want to clean the microwave" --- ??? 

My life ruled. 

Flash forward to now, and my life still rules but I feel so much soul constipation. With age undertaking more shit - rightly so.

Fucking bills. Fucking boys. Fucking money. Fucking lies. Fucking death. Fucking mistakes.

So really, I don't understand why there aren't more fucked up old people out there. Or did they just forget how to feel affected? ... idiots.

Anyway .................... I just watched, "Pump up the Volume" for the first time and it like for real hella totally spoke to me.  


Mark is a loner, an outsider, whose only outlet for his teenage angst and aggression is his unauthorized radio station. His pirate station's theme song is "Everybody Knows" by Leonard Cohen and there are glimpses of cassettes by such alternative musicians as The Jesus and Mary Chain, Camper Von Beethoven, Primal Scream, Ice-T, Bad Brains, Concrete Blonde, Henry Rollins, and The Pixies.


Cliff Martinez (former drummer for Captain Beefheart, The Dickies, The Weirdos, Lydia Lunch and the Red Hot Chili Peppers; also composer for Pee Wee's Playhouse) produced the soundtrack.


1 comment:

DJ Rick said...

Mid to late??? 26 is still mid. Next year is late.